Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Savory Salisbury Steak Loaf - CROCKPOT!

You are about to see a lot of crockpot recipes in the next few months. I am working evenings now, so I am attempting to feed my family healthy meals while I am at work. So far it is working great. Thank goodness for crockpots!

this is cubed crustless bread, chopped onion, chopped parsley, egg, onion soup mix, tomato paste, garlic, worcestershire sauce.
mix well.
add beef.



mix well. I like to use my hands, I think it mixes better - but you use whatever utensil you want...
this is what it will look like - you could also form into patties, but I thought in a crock - it would do better as a loaf.
go ahead and throw it in the crock on high while you get the sauce ready.

the sauce is diced carrots, onions, frozen o brien tomatoes - I got a skillet out and put all of it together to brown. I then added tomato paste, can of beef broth, onion soup mix and let it simmer
pour it over the loaf
cover and walk away... it's that easy folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment