Saturday, September 10, 2011

Apple Cobbler Makes the house smell FALLTASTIC

I've decided that's my new favorite word. Falltastic, I mean - how cool is that. I made it up. last night. while trying to find a new fall scentsy scent to put in the scentsy. I opted to go with Vanilla Suede. It fit my falltastic mood.

Apple Cobbler.
WOW!
It was good. So good, it's almost gone today.

Here's the cast of charectors. Mama always taught me to get everything out first, then put it away when you have added it to the bowl - that way you know you didn't forget an important ingrediant. My mama sure is a smart one - I think I'll keep her. I'll loan her out to you, but only if you really nice, or rich... I might loan her out for money, but it would have to be a short term loan.

Oh - back to blogging, here's the cast.

8 tart apples, peeled & sliced

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 c. brown sugar

1 c. sugar

1 c. flour

1/2 c. melted butter

1 egg

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 c. chopped nuts

Place sliced apples in 9 x 13 inch buttered baking dish. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the apples with half of this mixture. Combine sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, salt and baking powder. Spread over apples. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and nuts over contents. Pour melted butter over the top. Bake at 375 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until apples are fork tender
Before and After!
Next time I'll add more apples, and a little less butter...


oh - and while it's baking - making the house smell FALLTASTIC, go outside and play on the swingset. It's a requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment